Friends Childcare is a community based, 39 place, not- for-profit Childcare Centre located on the grounds of St Vincent’s Private Hospital. Our centre provides an exceptional early childhood program for children aged 6 months to school aged in a beautiful homelike environment. We are committed to providing a quality early learning program that fosters children’s sense of wellbeing and personal confidence. Our centre is rated as meeting all areas in the National Quality Standards Assessment. We are seeking to fill the following permanent (38 hours/week) position:
Childcare Centre Director
A vacancy exists for a highly motivated Director with appropriate knowledge and skills to join our friendly and supportive team. The successful applicant will be expected to provide the highest quality care and education to our children, lead a team of childcare Educators and manage the daily operations of the centre.
Benefits of working at Friends:
- Generous salary packaging opportunities - increasing your take home pay!
- Private centre that values compassion, respect and teamwork
- Education and training support
- Access to Fitness Passport
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program
- Beautiful location on the Far North Coast NSW supporting work/life balance
To be successful, applicants will need to possess the following:
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) or Bachelor of Teaching, highly regarded but not required
- A minimum of twelve months experience in a Director role; or two-three years’ experience as an Educational Leader
- High level of understanding of the National Quality Framework, National Quality Standards, Early Years Learning Framework and the National Law Regulations
- Commitment to the Early Childhood Australia Code of Ethics (2016)
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work within a multidisciplinary team so as to motivate and lead people
- Current first aid and anaphylaxis, and child protection certificate
- Current WWCC
The successful applicant will be required to work in harmony with the mission and values of St Vincent’s Hospital.
Applications close Friday 24th November 2023. For further information contact Nikki Clark, HR Department on 02 66279235.
Please submit your resume detailing your experience along with a cover letter to the HR Department by clicking the Apply Here button.
* Applicants must have the right to work in Australia (Australian citizen or permanent resident) to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
* This position requires a current National Criminal History Check (NCHC) and Working with Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Office of the Children’s Guardian.