St Vincent’s Private Hospital, Lismore is a not-for-profit acute Surgical Medical Hospital operating under the auspices of the Trustees of The Roman Catholic Diocese of Lismore since 1921. Services include general medical, surgical, HDU, palliative care, community palliative care, rehabilitation and aged care facilities. The hospital enjoys a reputation for high quality care. St Vincent's is seeking to fill the following permanent positions:
Cook / Kitchen Hand
Reporting directly to the Catering Manager, the Cook is responsible for:
- Assisting the department with the preparation and serving of food for patients, residents and staff across the campus;
- Maintaining food safety standards in accordance with appropriate legislation;
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team to strict deadlines and timeframes.
To be considered, applicants will need to possess the following:
- Proven time management and organisational skills;
- Experience working within a service environment and delivering a professional, empathetic and personalised approach to clients;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate effectively with a diverse range of patients, residents and caregivers;
- Knowledge of food safety principles or willingness to learn;
- Previous hospitality experience desired, but not essential;
- Previous experience in a commercial cooking setting with a formal qualification relevant to the hospitality field highly regarded;
The successful applicant will be required to work in harmony with the mission and values of St Vincent's Hospital.
Applications close Friday 1 December 2023. For further information contact: 6627 9217.
Please submit your resume detailing your experience along with a cover letter to The CEO, St Vincent’s Private Hospital by clicking the Apply Here Button.
* Applicants must have the right to work in Australia (Australian citizen or permanent resident) to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
* This position requires a National Criminal History Check (NCHC) and a Working with Children Check (WWCC) to be supplied prior to commencement.