St Vincent’s Private Hospital, Lismore is a not-for-profit acute Surgical Medical Hospital operating under the auspices of the Trustees of The Roman Catholic Diocese of Lismore since 1921. Services include medical, surgical, HDU, palliative care, oncology, renal dialysis and rehabilitation, with childcare and aged care facilities also on campus. The hospital enjoys a reputation for high quality care. St Vincent’s is seeking to fill the following permanent part-time position:
Groundsperson / Gardener
The Groundsperson / Gardener is responsible for the producing and maintaining of high quality and visually pleasing external environments across the campus. This includes duties such as mowing, pruning, watering, planting of established gardens and general landscaping.
To be considered, applicants will need to possess the following:
- Experience in general garden and grounds maintenance including but not limited to fertilising, raking / leaf blowing, weed control, watering, planting, hedging / pruning, mowing, mulching, waste collection, irrigation checks, cleaning of pathways / driveways, and general maintenance;
- Demonstrated experience in the planning and preparation of seasonal planting, garden rejuvenation and associated maintenance;
- Ability to perform landscape gardening work and associated physical labouring tasks in a safe manner and in accordance with WHS legislation and hospital policy;
- Current and unrestricted licence to operate a motor vehicle;
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritise workload.
Applicants will be able to demonstrate respect for the teachings of the Catholic Church and by conduct and lifestyle give witness to the mission of the Catholic Church.
Applications close Friday 7th May 2021. For further information contact: 02 6627 9235.
Please submit your resume detailing your experience along with a cover letter to The CEO, St Vincent’s Private Hospital by clicking the Apply Here Button.
* Applicants must have the right to work in Australia (Australian citizen or permanent resident) to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
* This position requires a current National Criminal History Check (NCHC) and a Working with Children Check (WWCC).