St Vincent’s Hospital, established by the Catholic Diocese of Lismore in 1921, is a hospital working for the community to provide quality health care marked by compassion and respect for each person. We believe in compassion as the core value within our services. We are committed to respect and teamwork. We are seeking to fill the following permanent position:
The Groundsperson is responsible for the producing and maintaining of high quality and visually pleasing external environments across the campus. This includes duties such as mowing, pruning, watering, planting of established gardens and general landscaping.
To be considered, applicants will need to possess the following:
- Experience in grounds maintenance including but not limited to fertilising, raking / leaf blowing, weed control, watering, planting, hedging / pruning, mowing, mulching, waste collection, irrigation checks, cleaning of pathways / driveways, and general maintenance;
- Availability to participate, where necessary, on the on call roster;
- Demonstrated experience in the planning and preparation of seasonal planting, garden rejuvenation and associated maintenance;
- Ability to perform landscape gardening work and associated physical labouring tasks in a safe manner and in accordance with WHS legislation and hospital policy;
- Current and unrestricted licence to operate a motor vehicle;
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritise workload.
The successful applicant will be required to work in harmony with the mission and values of St Vincent’s Hospital.
Applications close Friday 1ST December 2023. For further information contact: 02 6627 9561.
Please submit your resume detailing your experience along with a cover letter to The CEO, St Vincent’s Private Hospital by clicking the Apply Here Button.
* Applicants must have the right to work in Australia (Australian citizen or permanent resident) to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
* This position requires a current National Criminal History Check (NCHC) to be supplied prior to commencement.